Being a mother means always being rushed, and I’m no stranger for being on a crunch for time while still having to find a moment to eat breakfast. Starting my morning at 06:00 every day I find myself often being too tired to spend a lot of time figuring out breakfast. So here are some tried and true recipes that have worked for me in the past:
1.) Breakfast Taquitos (Recipe courtesy to Lauren at tastesbetterfromscratch.com)
- 1 7 oz box Jones Dairy Farm sausage links
- 5 large eggs
- salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese cheddar, pepper jack or Monterey jack
- 1 cup baby spinach chopped (optional)
- 10 white corn tortillas or use 6” flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Add the frozen sausage links to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, turning occasionally, until warmed through. Remove to a plate, leaving a little bit of the sausage grease in the pan.
Crack eggs into a bowl and add a splash of water or milk. Whisk well with a fork and then add to the pan. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes, tossing and scrambling as they cook. (If using spinach, add it to the pan about 2 minutes before the eggs are done cooking.) Remove from heat.
Warm the tortillas inside of a damp paper towel for 10-15 seconds in the microwave. Divide the scrambled eggs among the tortillas and top with shredded cheese. Place a sausage link on top. Roll up and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Spray lightly with cooking spray and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with salsa for dipping.
2.) Breakfast in a Blanket (Recipe courtesy to Delish.com)
- 8 large eggs
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 4 slices cooked bacon, halved
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar
- Preheat oven to 375º. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs and season with salt and pepper. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add eggs and chives and scramble as desired.
- On a lightly floured work surface, roll out Crescent Rolls. Top with cooked bacon, scrambled eggs, and cheese.
- Roll up and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake until deeply golden, 12 to 14 minutes.
3.) Nutbutter, Banana & Chia Seed Toast
(Recipe courtesy to theskinnyfork.com)
- 1 Slice 100% Whole Wheat Bread (I used one that was 50 cal. per slice.)
- 1 Tbsp. Sunbutter
- 1/2 Medium Banana, Sliced
- 1/2 Tsp. Chia Seeds
- Toast the bread and spread the sunbutter over the top.
- Place banana slices over the sun butter and top it off with chia seeds.
4.) Blueberry, Banana, Oatmeal Smoothie
(Recipe courtesy to jessicanwood.com)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ½ cup Milk
- ¾ cup Frozen blueberries
- 1 Banana
- ⅓ cup Oatmeal
- If using an immersion blender, layer your ingredients in a mason jar in this order: greek yogurt, banana, blueberries, milk and blend. Once blended, add oatmeal and blend just until combined.
- You can also combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth-ie.. 🙂
I truly do hope these will be as helpful to you as they have been to me.