With the holiday season fast approaching and the temperatures dropping, we are all in need of warm and delicious drinks that put us in that festive spirit. Next to Glühwein, one of my favorites is hot chocolate and I am always looking for new variations of the classic drink. I have found that the best way to make it is with heavy cream in a slow cooker.
This decadent drink recipe serves 6 to 8 people.
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 14oz sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 6 cups of milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients in a crockpot and place the cover on
- Set the temperature to “low” for 2hrs
- Occasionally lift the cover and stir
Once the timer is done, ladle the hot chocolate in your favorite mug and top with whipped cream, marshmallows and/or crushed peppermint candy cane. What are some of your favorite holiday drink recipes?