After becoming a mom I had to deal with a lot of sleepless nights that often resulted in my face just being a puffy mess. Seriously. It was awful. It wasn’t just dark bags under my eyes, but also the rest of my face seemed like a swollen mess. My usual trick of splashing icy cold water on my face no longer worked, because let’s face it: that only works if you get a minimum of 6 hours of sleep and still have a little puffiness. But I absolutely hated that even with a full-face of makeup it just didn’t look right and with a newborn I did not have the time to slap on a series of face masks to reduce the appearance of sleep deprivation. So I did what any tired mom would do at 2 o’clock in the morning while she was feeding the baby, I did some research on Google and stumbled upon the art of ice rolling.
The beauty trend of using an ice roller, a handheld device that has a water and gel filled rolling head that can be effectively frozen in your freezer, started becoming more popular in 2015. The directions are pretty simple: grab the roller out of your freezer and roll it over your face, focusing on the more swollen parts of your face like the tops of your cheeks or under your eyes. One can even roll the device down the neck and décolletage. Ice rolling has become a staple in my morning routine, and I even get a little cranky when I don’t get a chance to use it. Ha!
- Reduces swelling
- Encourages redness to disappear
- Reduce the look of fatigue
- Aids in preventing wrinkles
- Reduces existing wrinkles
- Can be used on small injuries like bruises
- Quells headaches
- Strengthen the collagen fibers
- Contract blood vessels to tighten pores
- More evenly toned skin
- Promotes lymphatic drainage
- Improved blood circulation
- Promotes skin elasticity
- Reduces soreness
My Routine with Ice Rolling:
In the morning after washing and drying my face, I grab my ice roller out of the freezer sit on the couch with coffee or lemon water and go through emails while I de-puff my face. It’s so easy to multi-task with such a device. In the evening I do the same after using my facial steamer and a mask to close/shrink the pores.
Other times I use it is right after any waxing, peels and other beauty treatments.
Recommended Ice Rollers:
Here are some of the ones that may be a good fit for you if you’d like to try out this amazing beauty
- ESARORA Ice Roller (Amazon, $11.99) This is the one that I have been using most recently. It is great and affordable if you are only wanting to try out ice rolling without investing too much into it.
- Skincool Ice Roller HANSDERMA ($25) Another good one to look into.
- ESARORA Stainless Steel Ice Roller (Amazon $10.99) Same model as the first one listed, however instead of silicone, the roller is made of stainless steel.
What am I missing here? Let me know in the comments and I’ll add it in!