A lot of people, myself included, find drinking plain water very blah and hard to keep up with. One way to remedy that is to add fruits to boost the taste. Even spas serve water that typically has at least cucumber in it if not more. Drinking this kind of delicious H2O is better for you than any sugary drink and has a lot more benefits than you might think. And the fruits infusing make it sweeter naturally without the extra calories, hello slim waistline! Water is the body’s source of life and being hydrated improves health but also keeps the skin plump and full of elasticity. And not drinking enough water has of course it’s downfalls: dehydration will make you feel tired, achy, crampy and constipated. It is estimated that infused water is out 20% of freshly squeezed juice, so you are even getting a small part of your daily fruit requirement right there. This does not mean skip eating fruits entirely.
So what are the 5 benefits to this?
- It contains natural antioxidants and vitamins
- Lemon water alone is already a great source of Vitamins C and B, Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and Fiber
- Helps ease bloating and rids the body of toxins
- Aids in boosting your metabolism and maintaining a healthy weight
- And infused water gives you more energy, so less coffee is needed to get through the day
Some ways to create infused water:
- Adding a few cucumber slices to your water
- Blackberry, Orange, Mint
- Mint & Citrus
- Cucumber, Strawberry & Kiwi
- Watermelon & Mint
- Blueberry and Lavender
- Peach & Sage
- There are sooooo many more on Pinterest under “Infused Water”
What are your experiences with infused water? Share your recipes below!