Shape Up Diary: My 2018 Weightloss Journey
Week 4 had a few hiccups with bad weather which resulted in not being able to go outside for walks or runs, and since the weather was terrible we did not go out for groceries and ordered takeout instead. Although I did try to order a healthier version of my usual order. On Wednesday I did not feel motivated to do much of anything, and not even coffee helped. Has anyone had days like that?
Although I was lacking a bit in the workout department for this week, I did better in choosing healthier meals. On Saturday we went out to a ball where the guest speaker was Mark Gungor (Laugh Your Way to a Better Marriage), it was such an honor to meet him in person. Anyways, to prepare for the event I skipped a workout on that morning and opted for healthier snacks to make up for it even when the event had a buffet for dinner. I also found two new recipes that were so easy to make and kept me full for quite a while.
No-Bake Chocolate Coconut Bites (Christin at The Veggie Chick)
Vegan/Gluten Free – Serves 22
- 1lb Dates
- 1 1/2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/4 tsp ground Sea Salt
- 1/4 Coconut Oil
- 3/4 cup Almond Slices
- 1/4 Unsweetened Coconut
- 2 tbsp ground Flax Seed
- Add the almonds to a food processor and process about 30 seconds, until finely chopped.
- Add cocoa, flax seed, sea salt and oats. Process another 20 seconds or so, until blended.
- Add dates and coconut oil. Process for 2-3 minutes or until mixture is well blended. You may need to stir every minute so everything gets mixed equally.
- Test the mixture so it is firm enough to form into balls. If it’s not or too dry, add a little more melted coconut oil.
- Form into 1 inch balls. Put into an airtight container and put in the fridge at least an hour before serving. These balls will last for days in the fridge and make a quick breakfast or snack.
These were so amazing and really did fuel my workouts with a boost of energy.
Current Favorite Salad Recipe:
- Bell Peppers
- Snap Peas
- Cut up all vegetables and add desired amount to plate.
- Add vinaigrette.
And this wraps up the month of January. For now I am putting the Shape Up Diary series on hold, if you guys would like to read more let me know down in the comment section!
This weeks weightloss: -4.8lbs
Total weightloss: -16.1lbs
Categories: Shape Up Diary